Who Should Attend Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt courses are designed for professionals, project leaders and improvement teams who aim to improve their current level of knowledge and expertise with Six Sigma Methodology, principals, and tools to enable improvement of efficiency, effectiveness and agility of the Business Processes.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are often assigned improvement projects to conduct on their own projects that would not require the statistical rigor required of a Black Belt. Green Belts are expected to be able to conduct these projects within the scope of their normal daily roles. This course is designed to teach participants the Lean Six Sigma fundamentals and their proper application through a challenging 5-day course.
Our Lean Six Sigma Training course is aligned with the ASQ and IASSC certification requirements. It includes all of the tools, techniques and concepts related to Six Sigma. Students are trained and tested on their understanding and application the tools and techniques of the elements of the Lean Six Sigma methodology. Participants are taught how to integrate Lean Six Sigma into an overall approach to process improvement in line DMAIC methodology.
Find a Six Sigma Green Belt Class Near You
Lean 6 Sigma Green Belt Training Course Description:
Attendees in our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification Program will learn how to direct Lean Six Sigma projects and obtain the maximum improvements from the techniques and skills taught in class. These skills are practiced and applied in individual and team exercises, as well as the individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in class to a business improvement projects. The Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that is focused on achieving significant results in quality and customer satisfaction. When properly applied, this methodology can lead to a significant reduction—and in many cases, elimination—of defects, process waste, and out-of-control processes, which translate into dramatic business gains.
After taking the Six Sigma Green Belt Training class attendees should be able to:
- Understand the concepts of Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC approach to process improvement.
- Understand Lean Six Sigma variation reduction methodology.
- Begin to apply the tools in the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control phases to everyday work problems and execute Green Belt projects.
- Assist Black Belts in Six Sigma teams and team projects to provide measurable improvement to the enterprise.
- Become a mentor to others in applying Lean Six Sigma to improve their work environment
- Understand the use of the tools in characterizing a process, analyzing process data, and controlling a process.
- Define process metrics and set up measurement systems that enable data-based decision making.
- Analyze data and present meaningful results to management.
A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program may be taken alone or as the first step to earning your Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. An added benefit of this option is the ability for individuals from the same company to complete the training together even if they are going toward different belt levels. This format promotes synergy and encourages groups to work together. In addition, the programs provide the flexibility to mix and match locations. In addition, we provide traditional classroom program and onsite options, including Champion programs that are designed for executives beginning the Six Sigma implementation process.